Following the Act of July 20, 2018, the Law on Higher Education and Science, Article 209(1), a PhD student is awarded a doctoral scholarship.
Rules for receiving a scholarship:
1. The total period of receiving a doctoral scholarship at doctoral schools may not exceed four years.
2. The amount of the monthly doctoral scholarship shall be at least:
• 37% of the professor’s salary – up to the month in which the mid-term evaluation was performed
• 57% of the professor’s salary – after the month in which the mid-term evaluation was performed
3. The school also pays the scholarship during maternity, paternity or parental leave (calculated on the basis of the regulations on the establishment of maternity allowance).
4. A PhD student with a certificate of disability receives a doctoral scholarship in the amount increased by 30% of the basic amount.
5. A PhD student who has submitted a doctoral dissertation earlier than the completion date provided for in the study programme receives a doctoral scholarship up to the assumed deadline of doctoral education but no longer than six months.
The condition for the payment of the scholarship is to submit a declaration for scholarship purposes in the USOSweb system in advance [lists of scholarship payments are prepared at the beginning of each month].
The statutory (minimum) scholarship amounts are:
➢ before the mid-term evaluation (up to 24th month): PLN 2 104.64 net [that is: PLN 2,371.70 gross minus the compulsory pension and disability pension contribution]
➢ after a positive mid-term evaluation (after four semesters): PLN 3 242.29 net [that is: PLN 3,653.70 gross minus the compulsory pension and disability pension contribution]
The amount of the doctoral scholarship paid from the grant depends on the amount specified in the agreement, but may not be lower than the statutory scholarship specified above.
The doctoral scholarship is not taxed.